Friday, May 8, 2015

TUIT: Nicholas Edwards, Painted Stone Elementary

I'm about to finish my first week at Simpsonville Elementary, my last embedded school of the year.  But let me do a quick flashback to my previous school, Painted Stone, in order to give a #ShelbyTUITshoutout to Nicholas Edwards!

Nick is a 5th grade teacher who heard of EDpuzzle from one of my PD presentations.  (If you're unfamiliar with the tool, read more in my previous blog entry.)   Mr. Edwards decided to try it as part of his sub plans over multiple day with different substitutes, which caught my attention and I therefore reached out to see how it went.

How easy was it to make the EDpuzzle video?

Extremely easy, I just had to watch the video and add captions.

You had explained to me earlier that the students didn't have an account to answer questions individually, so you used EDpuzzle in a more presentational way.  How did that work? How easy was it for a substitute to follow your plans?

The subs really seemed to like it, and I just had to leave them the video and the link and say play the video. I told them the video explained the information, so they led the discussion as the questions came up.

Any last thoughts or reflection on EDpuzzle that you want to share?

It was extremely easy to create, and easy to use. It makes videos more interactive for the kids as I had them reflect about the video and the questions.

Congrats to Nick for earning a well deserved shoutout!





No comments:

Post a Comment