Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Mention in Star Wars Insider!

Today's entry is short, but for a Star Wars fanboy like myself, I have some news that makes me giddy.  First, some context.  Back in November of last year, I wrote a blog entry about an English unit I created around Ian Doescher's William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, a New Hope.  The unit lead to a series of events, including having my materials posted on Star Wars In the Classroom and at Quirk Books (Doescher's publisher), as well as a guest turn on Dan Zehr and Cory Clubb's podcast Coffee with Kenobi.

Dan recently wrote "Much to Learn You Still Have," an article for the latest issue (#156) of Star Wars Insider. In it, he was kind enough to give my English unit a plug!




My dreams of visiting Skywalker Ranch or having a cameo in Episode 8 or 9 may never be realized, but to get a mention in my favorite film series's official magazine is a fantastic consolation prize and a thrill beyond words.  I am extremely grateful for Dan including me in his excellent article.  Educators of all grade levels, please hit the newsstands and pick up a copy so you can read it -- the article discusses with depth K through college examples of how Star Wars can impact learning.

Besides a shoutout of appreciation to Dan, Cory, and Ian, let me finish this entry by giving thanks to Thomas Riddle and Wes Dodgens at SWITC and Eric Smith at Quirk Books for their support.


No comments:

Post a Comment